[OpenAFS] Problems with fileserver process after upgrade

Steve Roseman sgr0@Lehigh.EDU
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:45:43 -0500

I suspect the answer is: "Install OpenAFS 1.2.11".

We are running a mix of IBM/Transarc servers (on four AIX boxes) with a
mix of IBM and OpenAFS clients, with plans to switch to OpenAFS servers
"real soon".

Yesterday I got a message about the Jan 10, 2004 problem, so I:  updated
my last AIX 4.3.2 server to 4.3.3, installed the latest IBM release
(3.6-2.50), and the 4 new server binaries, and restarted.  Everything is
good.

Well, for about 2 hours.  Then my fileserver processes start hanging
with 100% CPU and no response to the clients.  I've updated
/usr/vice/etc/*, rebooted, ran salvage on all of the servers, but they
still randomly hangup after around 2-3 hours.

So, the questions:  Anybody have support info for IBM?
or
Can I just move the waiting OpenAFS 1.2.11 server binaries into
/usr/afs/bin and restart the servers?

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen G. Roseman