[OpenAFS] Odd syncing behaviour AFTER upgrade

John Lockard jlockard@umich.edu
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:40:21 -0500

Greater than 8 is discarded by Solaris (at least up to Solaris 8).
If all mechanisms for creating the krb password are done on Solaris
then any characters after the 8th are tossed and ignored.  The user
can continue to type their 15 character password and all is "fine".
I guess the problems crop up when other systems are thrown in on the
mix.

-John