[OpenAFS] Creating RPM's

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:53:03 -0500 (EST)

In general, I would advise against creating a new RPM if the only thing
changed is the config files. RPM will not overwrite config files during an
upgrade if they have been modified, so you should only have to copy your
config files once and then future openafs upgrades will keep the same
files.

I'm not aware of a tool for editing binary RPMs to change the file
contents, although such a thing would be possible (and perhaps useful).

-Chris Wing
wingc@engin.umich.edu