Re[2]: [OpenAFS] Creating RPM's

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:22:41 -0500 (EST)

Do you want to continue rebuilding your own openafs RPMs until the end of
time, though? (with each new version that comes out)

The way we've generally done stuff here is to copy over configuration
files after the OS is installed. For instance if you are using something
like Red Hat jumpstart, just write a %post script that un-tars a tarfile
in / containing all your system config files. This way you only need to
maintain one tar file, rather than re-building the RPMs of every package
containing a config file you wish to change.

-Chris
wingc@engin.umich.edu