pam issues - was Re: [OpenAFS] Is OpenAFS appropriate?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:09:08 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Stephen Bosch wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> > So what's in /etc/pam.d/system-auth?
>
> Oops. I think I've just exposed my general ignorance of how pam works.
>
> sfbosch@wopr users $ cat /etc/pam.d/system-auth
> sfbosch@wopr users $
>
> I have to have a line for pam_afs.so in here, too -- is that it?

"instead" rather than "too" for any system which calls pam_stack.so with
system-auth, and that should fix your problem.

pam_stack is confusing. this is part of why i hate pam: pam_stack is to
deal with the fact that the config syntax wasn't robust enough for real
life in the first place