[OpenAFS] Quorum Election Problem

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:35:06 -0500

On Thursday, January 22, 2004 12:27:46 -0500 "Derek T. Yarnell"
<derek@cs.umd.edu> wrote:

> This setup has been working for more than a year and now it udebug is
> hanging.

udebug against what port?
udebug gets information about Ubik database coordination status, which is
separate for each database and applies only to those servers (ptserver,
vlserver, kaserver, buserver) that use Ubik.

The fileserver (on port 7000) is not a Ubik server; it's not going to
answer udebug requests, except maybe with an error.

If you're having problems with volume management or fileserver
registration, you want to know about the vlserver, which runs on port 7003.

> I do get this,
>
> [derek@queasy /tmp]# vos listaddr -verbose
> queasy.csic.umd.edu
> qualmish.csic.umd.edu
> jaundiced.csic.umd.edu
> jaundiced-int.csic.umd.edu

> Jaundiced should no longer be in the listaddr's but it is, I don't
> really see how to delete it.
>
> a vos listvldb does not report any volumes on jaundiced, as it
> shouldn't.

You don't care.  The VLDB contains a list of fileservers, and each volume
entry has an index into that list.  When you delete the last volume on a
server, the entry for that server in the list doesn't go away.  All 'vos
listaddrs' does is show you everything in that list.  Nothing else will
even know it's there.

However, if it bothers you, you can do 'vos changeaddr jaundiced -remove'.

-- Jeff