[OpenAFS] offsite backup

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:30:26 -0500

>Yes, I do my own back ups of my site, but my client is storing his critical
>business documents there and needs to keep his own copy at home in his own
>safe.  As an administrator, I prefer to give my clients what they want (or
>as close as I can get) instead of telling them what they want is stupid.

Hey, I never said it was stupid.  I was just trying to understand the
problem you're facing, because it seems opposite from the normal
usage.  Like others have said, it sounds like rsync is the right tool
for the job here.

>Does "vos dump -time" use file timestamps?  Is it equivalent to
>"find -mtime"?

Roughly.  It includes the directory vnodes (IIRC) as well.  You won't be
missing anything, you just might get some extra stuff.

--Ken