[OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Linux +XP

Eggert, Richard W, II (Rich), GVSOL rweggert@att.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:29:49 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E11E.19D4448F

Okay, so how does one fix it?
=20
Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:jaltman@columbia.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 2:23 PM
To: Eggert, Richard W, II (Rich), GVSOL
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS + Linux +XP

In this scenario, if you are not using the MS Loopback Adapter
then the OpenAFS client service is going to crash as soon as it
detects the network has failed.  If this happens while Integrated
Logon is being executed and attempting to SetToken bad bad bad
things could easily be seen happening.

Jeffrey Altman

Eggert, Richard W, II (Rich), GVSOL wrote:

If I recall correctly, I ran into the blue screens most often on my

laptop (which runs XP PRo).  If I left it idle while holding AFS tokens,

the laptop would go back into standby mode, which would wipe out any

network connections.  When trying to start back up, it seemed to want to

log back in, something would go wrong (probably due to the wireless

network interface not coming back up right away), and I'd get a blue

screen of death.

My memory is a bit foggy, but this is how I remember it happening.

Rich=20