[OpenAFS] backup suggestions

John Koyle jkoyle@rfpdepot.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:31:10 -0700

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 13:16, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

> > Awhile back somebody released some amanda-afs scripts, I had some
> > difficulty getting them to work properly, but it still won't increase
> > the capacity of your tape hardware.
>
> If you tell me what problems you had or are having, I can hopefully
> help.  If nothing else I'd like to know what you found difficult so
> I can improve the rather lame documentation.

Back in Sept. I sent you a small patch for one of the problems I was
having, you replied saying that you were hoping to get a new version of
amanda-afs released shortly with some additional bugs fixed.

Since my timeline was short, and I'd already spent quite a bit of time
with amanda-afs I wrote a couple of small scripts to work with butc and
have been using that since.

When you do release an updated version (newer than 0.0.4) I'd be happy
to give it another go.

Thanks,
John