[OpenAFS] Looking for sites running AFS across one or more WANs

Jim Barbour jbarbour@qualcomm.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:23:17 -0800

Hello Folks,

We are needing to provide AFS file services across a WAN link.  We
have offices in San Diego, and on the east coast.

Currently, we have all the servers in San Diego, with clients
scattered over the east coast.  However, there are performance issues
with this model.

We'd like to begin deploying AFS file and database servers on both
sides of the WAN, forming one large cell.  We want to use CellServDB
files and file server prefs to manage which servers clients should
talk to.  We expect the links to have slow latencies, and to go down
from time to time.

We're wondering if others are running a cell in this environment.
We're curious how releases are handled, how clients handles slow
network links, etc.

If you're running an AFS cell in this state, I'd love to hear from
you.  If you could email me and let me know how its going for you, I'd
really appreciate it.

Thanks,
--
Jim Barbour ---	Staff Engineer, Systems Programmer/Administrator
Office:	858-651-2616	Pager:	800-200-6068