[OpenAFS] 2.6?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:20:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Paul Blackburn wrote:

> Hello Derrick,
>
> Please could you explain what are the problems
> with porting OpenAFS to the 2.6 kernel?

the basic problem is we can't hook the afs syscall in anymore, so
everything which uses it needs to be reimplemented to work aanother way.

the thing which is hard is we also can't hook setpag's magic into
setgroups system call, and there is at this point no data that persists
over a fork that we can piggyback this on to keep track of pags (unless we
could rely on linux security module to always be there)