[OpenAFS] Linux 2.6 support

Miroslav Ruda ruda@ics.muni.cz
Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:44:29 +0200

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 03:40:02PM +0200, Horst Birthelmer wrote:
>
>>Actually the EXPORT_SYMBOL(sys_call_table) was right.
>>AFAIK every older kernel does this in ksyms.c. So try to place it there.
>

> But my understanding is that you don't need to do this with the 2.6 code
> anymore.
>
> Not that I've gotten it working.

I have tried modification of arch/x86_64/kernel/x8664_ksyms.c

extern void *sys_call_table[];
EXPORT_SYMBOL(sys_call_table);

and even after complete cleanup (make mrproper), rebuild and reboot I have the same error message:

  libafs: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.
  Failed to find address of sys_call_table

However I was checking output of configure and it reports:

  checking if kernel uses MODVERSIONS... no
  checking which kernel modules to build... MP SP
  configure: WARNING: Cannot determine sys_call_table status. assuming it isn't exported

while I have modversions support:

cat linux-2.6.6/include/config/modversions.h
#define CONFIG_MODVERSIONS 1

File KERNEL/include/linux/modversions.h used by test in configure doesn't exist and I didn't found equivalent file in 2.6 tree. And sys_call_table test depends on modversions ...

What must be done to make 2.6 modversions supported in openafs?

--
                  Mirek Ruda