[OpenAFS] OPENAFS-KDC-PROBE

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:19:02 -0400

Fascinating.

We have also noted, since upgrading to kerb5 (yes, it worked!) in our
kerberos kdc logs, something strange:

attempts to authenticate as principal:
localwindowsusernameWINDOWSNETBIOSNAMElocalwindowspass

sometimes some junk follows the pass, sometimes not. Sometimes the
instance portion of the principal is set to "4".

Any ideas?

We've seen this for a couple users on a couple of computers we don't
manage as also for user SMSCliToknAcct on a few of the computers we do
manage (all running 1.2.8a client).

Thanks.

--
David William Botsch