[OpenAFS] Windows Terminal server and afs clients

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:35:07 +0100

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:10:27 -0400, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@columbia.edu> wrote:
> The following fs.exe commands now require administrator privilege:
>      - checkservers with a non-zero timer value
>      - setcachesize
>      - newcell
>      - sysname with a new sysname list
>      - exportafs
>      - setcell
>      - setserverprefs
>      - storebehind
>      - setcrypt
>      - cscpolicy
>      - trace

I'm surprised that you require administrator privilege for 'fs sysname',
since we routinely have systems which change their sysname when
AFS is started to something other than the default; we use this,
for example, to test new systems before releasing them.  I wouldn't
want to have to be there every time AFS is started.  I can think
of reasons to be uneasy about some other commands as well.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk