[OpenAFS] amd64_linux24/rxkad 19270410

James E. Dobson James.E.Dobson@Dartmouth.EDU
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:58:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm attempting to get OpenAFS 1.2.11 to function on kernel 2.4.26 for the
x86_64 (Figured I would have better success of 2.4.x doing what I wanted
than 2.6.x). I'm using GCC 3.3.1 (on SuSE 9.0) to compile OpenAFS. I'm
using the following CFLAGS:

-m64 -mno-red-zone -fPIC -O2

I've also modified osi_{groups,module}.c to change old_gid_t to gid_t. It
builds cleanly (butm complains about my CFLAGS which I comment out to
build butm then re-enable). I'm able to load the module (tainted) then
start afsd:

Found ia32_sys_call_table at 803e13c0
Starting AFS cache scan...Memory cache: Allocating 12500 dcache
entries...found 0 non-empty cache files (0%).

After I obtain a token and start to write (dd, cp, etc) (as others have
discussed on this list) I get this error (and often an Oops)

afs: Tokens for user of AFS id 2 for cell cellname are discarded
(rxkad error=19270410)

Sometimes I then get a lost contact message and always:

afs: failed to store file (110)

Where I can then get a token again and continue to use AFS (provided the
Oops hasn't wacked the kernel).

Attempts are being made to build GCC 3.4.0 (which is a whole lot of fun
under x86_64). Does anywhere have any ideas about this? It sounds like
most people have been able to get this to work with -mno-red-zone but
sadly this doesn't fix the rxkad errors for me.

Thanks,

-jed

// Jed Dobson
// Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
// Dartmouth College
// James.E.Dobson@Dartmouth.EDU
// (603) 646-9324