[OpenAFS] Windows Terminal server and afs clients

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:24:36 -0500

On Tuesday, June 15, 2004 12:35p <jaltman@columbia.edu> wrote:
> Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to have a registry key that determines if normal
>> users can run the fs commands?  I personally do not care if a user
>> wants encryption or not if it is a single user system (Windows XP,
>> Windows 2000 Professional).  Mostly because transfering large files
>> with encryption on from a slow maachine will take much longer, 4-5x
>> in my environment.  If a user has large quantities of data they are
>> transfering they should have the option to turn encryption off.  Now,
>> if it is a multiple-user system (Windows 2003, Windows 200 Server)
>> where the results would affect multiple users, the administrators
>> should determine if encryption is on or not.
>
> How about?
>
> RUNAS /USER:Administrator fs.exe .....

I don't know about you, but I don't give my users the Administrator
password, even on their own machine.  That would defeat the purpose of
them not being administrators in the first place.

<<CDC