[OpenAFS] KTC_NOCM error on windows startup.

jcw@highperformance.net jcw@highperformance.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:27:04 -0700

--On Wednesday, June 16, 2004 4:36 PM -0400 "Justice, William (WJJ.)"
<wjustice@ford.com> wrote:

> When attempting to get tokens from my windowsxp client (OpenAFS 1.3.64),
> I get the following error: KTC_NOCM (error # 11862791).  I checked and
> the service is running.  What can I check for next?  Where can I get more
> debug information?
>
> (my server is running OpenAFS 1.2.11)
>
> KFW shows I have the afs principal under my Kerberos 5 tickets section,
> nothing under my Kerberos 4 tab or the AFS Tokens tab.

I am curious to know.  Do you have global drive mappings enabled?

If you look in the archives, you will see that I am the biggest poster of
messages regarding the NOCM error.  I currently have my stuff working
correctly, almost.  You have just become my troubleshooting guinea pig.
Perhaps if I can figure out what is going on with your installation, I can
help us all.

Later,
Jason