[OpenAFS] kerberos and remote authentication

lamont@scriptkiddie.org lamont@scriptkiddie.org
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:25:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to setup remote client/server kerberos authentication using the
AFS krb4 kaserver.  I'd prefer to not use kerberized ssh since I have my
doubts about being able to make the API I want to implement meet my goals
for security, config management and stability based on previous
experiences with APIs over ssh.  And I'd like to use the built-in kaserver
for now because it allows me to punt the issue of deciding on how to build
an enterprise-wide krb5 infrastructure.

So far I've found the klog.krb and pagsh.krb commands to get a ticket.  I
want to be able to use that ticket over a socket and authenticate to a
remote server.  I'm a complete kerberos n00b and haven't been able to find
any good example code to play with despite a couple of days of googling.
I've found the Authen::Krb4 perl module, but the documentation is about as
sparse as it could possibly be.  Is there any good example code out there
of how to do this written in either C or Perl?  Is there any bad example
code out there?  I'd even take diffs in C for kerberizing an example
application...  Book recommendations would also be appreciated...