[OpenAFS] file server occasionally stops serving

Noah Meyerhans noahm@csail.mit.edu
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:19:56 -0400

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 05:15:51PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> It wasn't just asked about SuSe, but if you say no NPTL in Debian, well,
> you told me something I didn't know (at this point I don't know who has
> what)

Debian will have NPTL in the next release, but 3.0 (woody) was released
almost 2 years ago.

> What does strace say is going on what this happens? Failing anything of
> note there, attach with gdb and generate-core-file (will dump a core from
> running process then leave the process continue running), then get a
> backtrace of all the threads from the core, drop in a file, and send a
> pointer back here.

Hopefully the problem won't occur again and I can just forget about it,
but I doubt we'll be so lucky.  I'll post some info when I'm able to get
some.

Until then, thanks.
noah

--=20
Noah Meyerhans                         System Administrator
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--