[OpenAFS] AFS Errors for Windows 2000

Stephen Stoops Stephen.Stoops@asu.edu
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:46:02 -0700

Is there a way to configure these settings using command line?  A
settings file to modify perhaps? I would prefer to be able to do this
using a group policy instead of configuring each machine separately.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 1:29 PM
To: Matt Boone
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] AFS Errors for Windows 2000

If you want a drive mapped as a service, please configure the drive=20
mapping using
the AFS Global Drive Maps which can be configured via the AFS Client=20
Control
Panel.=20

The 1.3.xx AFS Server is careful to not start until all of its=20
dependencies have started
so your .BAT file is most likely running before the AFS Client Service=20
has started.

Jeffrey Altman

<jaltman@columbia.edu> wrote:
> =20
>
>>Error 55 is Device does not exist.
>>Sounds like your AFS Client Service is not running at the time you
>>attempt to perform the
>>drive mapping.
>>
>>Jeffrey Altman
>>

>>Matt Boone wrote:
>>
>>   =20
>>
>>>Hi:
>>>
>>>I am using the newest windows client of OpenAFS v 1.3.65.00 and I am
>>>having issues with mapping network drives with windows 2000.
>>>The first login after a reboot will fail to map all of the network
>>>drives. After a user logs out and logs back in, the mapped network
>>>drives appear as they should.
>>>
>>>When we login to the domain controller, we get mappings to get the
AFS drives.
>>>This is the error log from the event viewer. Can anyone please give
>>>feedback on any possible solutions or work-arounds.
>>>
>>>Event Type:     Information
>>>Event Source:   AFS DriveMap
>>>Event Category: None
>>>Event ID:       0
>>>Date:           6/29/2004
>>>Time:           2:47:24 PM
>>>User:           N/A
>>>Computer:       OIT-82-107
>>>The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( AFS DriveMap ) cannot
be
>>>found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information
>>>or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
>>>following information is part of the event: Mount Persistant
Local[J:]
>>>Remote[\\afs\all] User[NULL]=3D55.
>>>
>>>Event Type:     Information
>>>Event Source:   AFS DriveMap
>>>Event Category: None
>>>Event ID:       0
>>>Date:           6/29/2004
>>>Time:           2:46:20 PM
>>>User:           N/A
>>>Computer:       OIT-82-107
>>>The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( AFS DriveMap ) cannot
be
>>>found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information
>>>or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The
>>>following information is part of the event: Forced Dismount
Remote[S:]=3D0.