[OpenAFS] Fedora Legacy Project and OpenAFS

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:53:33 -0500

Hi,

Marc Schmitt <mschmitt@inf.ethz.ch> writes:

> Derek,
>
> You have probably heard of the Fedora Legacy Project:
> http://www.fedoralegacy.org/

Nope, I hadn't heard of it...

> Yesterday, they released a kernel upgrade for RedHat 7.2, 7.3 and 8:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-announce/2004-March/msg00000.html

*sighs*  Well, I'll think about it.

> RedHat 7.3 and 8 are still listed on the download page for OpenAFS. I
> was wondering if you would consider adding the legacy errata kernels
> to your RPM build environment for 7.3 and 8, in case your plans were
> to continue supporting those two releases for upcoming OpenAFS
> releases?

Well, my intention was to drop support in future releases, but that
sort of presumes a 1.4 release as opposed to a 1.2 release.  I suppose
I can continue to support 7.3 and above.

> I could --rebuild openafs-1.2.11-rh7.3.1.src.rpm with
> kernel-source-2.4.20-30.7.legacy.i386.rpm w/o any problems.

Good to know.  I presume you tested whether the previous version
didn't work with the new kernel?

>     Marc

-derek