[OpenAFS] Tool to troubleshoot Vos Release failure

Aaron Stanley astanley@strozllc.com
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:01:29 -0500

Hi All,

So I have a stubborn volume that refuses to release.  It's on a server that
has a high latency (>100ms) connection, but has the same bandwidth as my
other servers (T1).  I am wondering what tools I can use to figure out why
the release is failing (unless I simply will never be able to a release a
volume on that slow of a link?  I hope not!).

Has anybody written anything that can help me here?

Are there any settings I can change on my vlservers that will get around the
latency?

Thanks in advance.

 - AB

--
Aaron Stanley
Director, Information Technology

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to
confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost
by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at
212 981 6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.