[OpenAFS] File Size Limitations

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:16:07 +0100

With the stable releases (which are not compiled with large file support)
the maximum filesize is (2GB - chunksize).
With instable 1.3.52 you have large file support on the client and (as
far as I know)
on the server side. However, on the client side it's available only for
AIX (4.2 - 5.2), Linux 2.4
and (Solaris >=8 with 64bit kernel), unless someone else has done the work.

Hartmut

Penney Jr., Christopher (C.) wrote:
> How exactly does the file size limitation show up in OpenAFS (ie. 2GB
> per file maximum)?  I've been told that the maximum file size depends on
> a couple of factors and I'm trying to figure out what they are.  Right
> now I have a test environment with a couple of Solaris 9 boxes (one the
> file server and one a client) and I'm seeing a 2GB per file size limitation.
>
>    Chris

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)