[OpenAFS] setup

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:38:30 -0500

On Wednesday, March 10, 2004 10:47:12 -0500 Jeremy S Barton
<bartonjs@cs.rose-hulman.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Mark Neal wrote:
>
>> i'm trying to set up my initial afs server. when i get to the "vos
>> create", i get a message that the partition doesn't exist on my server
>> (but it does).
>
>> command==> ./vos create aaa.bbb /vicepmn root.afs -cell ccc -noauth
>> what am i missing?
>
> It's not what you're missing, it's what you added, actually.  remove the /
> from /vicepmn and it should work:
> vos create aaa.bbb vicepmn root.afs

No, folks; the argument parsing in vos is more robust than that.
'/vicepmn', 'vicepmn', 'mn', and '351' all mean the same thing.

Unfortunately, you can only have partitions 0-255 (/vicepa through
/vicepiv).  /vicepmn is not a valid partition, and will not be recognized
by the fileserver at all.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer