[OpenAFS] Problems starting client service with Windows 2000

James Burns james@burns.net
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:53:45 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

I'm in the process of setting up an afs cell and have successfully set up
a server on Redhat 9.0 and a client on Windows XP. However, I'm running
into problems with getting the client functional on my Windows 2000
computer. It installs fine and everything seems to be set up so that it
would work, but the service won't start. There is supposedly no error
returned. I've tried starting it manually in Services and with the client
manager. It just silently fails. I know that there have been some issues
with my Client for Microsoft networks on that machine, but it appears to
be installed and working. Is there any way to get more details on what's
failing? Any ideas on how to make sure the Client for Microsoft Networks
is working correctly? Thanks for any help.

-James