[OpenAFS] "FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure" fails to be temporary

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:25:43 -0800

I did the same thing for my servers. The local /etc/hosts file contains the
ip address and FQDN of all the servers

Look at your lan port (eth0, typically) with ethereal

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of David Miller
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:56 AM
To: Jon Larsson
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] "FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure" fails to be
temporary

I've had the exact same problems...also under debian woody
I think it was due to some name resolution problems.

make sure you have the forward and reverse DNS entries resolving for
your hostname, and you dont have any entries in /etc/hosts that might
confuse things
For me the problem seemed to be in /etc/hosts I had my hostname
resolving to localhost (127.0.0.1)
which the debian (and most other distros) installer put in there.
I changed the /etc/hosts entry to reflect the same as in DNS, the
machines real non-local IP.
and that problem went away.
I think its because openafs doesnt listen on the local interface...But i
could be wrong.

Also notice the warning in bos status:
"Bosserver reports inappropriate access on server directories "
you need to chmod 755 /etc/openafs/server