[OpenAFS] "ws" in scout utility

Millet, Christopher cmillet@qualcomm.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:38:23 -0800

The definition of this is "displays the number of client machines that
have communicated with the file server process within the last 15
minutes.

What does this really mean?   Is that the number of clients being served
data from that file server or something else?

The reason I ask is we have a file server that is out in a really remote
site that has some volumes replicated to it.  There is only about 100
clients at that site, but scout is showing > 600 workstations to it and
> 2k connections.  This seems abnormally high and I'm worried that
clients locally somehow have this remote file server with a low server
pref and might be going out there to get data that has been replicated
there when it can and should be going to local servers that have the
same data replicated here.

-Chris