[OpenAFS] "Integrated Login Failed" under Windows 2000

Pamela Goetz antispamid2003@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:09:26 -0800 (PST)

Whenever I restart my Windows 2000 PC (currently automatically login
into Administrator account - as I am still in the process of
installing/configuring it), It gives me the following error:

AFS LOGON ERROR
"Integrated Login Failed: <some garbled text>"

(the garbled text looks like an encypted password?)

I click OK and then the "AFS Client Wizard" is displayed and reads:
"The  AFS Client service has not yet started".

I then click "Next" and the client seems to have been started,
prompting me for AFS cell, user name and password. The AFS cell edit
box already contains the correct value. The user name edit, on the
other hand, contains 'Administrator' - which is of course incorrect. I
type in my AFS username and password, click 'Next, and everything works
fine (I get the message: "The AFS Client is ready for use".

Now... while it is very nice that I can make my AFS client on Windows
2000 work, it is very inconvenient to always have to type the username
and password whenever I logon. So, my question is:

How do make the AFS client service start up automatically and
automatically logon using the username & password that work so
perfectly when I enter them manually?

I am using AFS Version 1.2.10

Thanks,
Pam