[OpenAFS] no quorum elected

John Morris openafs@butchwax.com
18 Mar 2004 17:42:51 -0600

Hi!

My openafs system has this problem:

  # vos move root.mail kug /vicepa nixon /vicepa
  Could not lock entry for volume 536871065
     u: no quorum elected

I guessed that it was the 2004-01-10 bug, so I've been upgrading my
servers.

There are three file servers; I've upgraded two already from 1.2.9 to
1.2.11.  The third still runs 1.2.9, and it's going to be scary
upgrading it 'cause it's physically about 200 miles away from me, and
the way the first two went, it's a coin-flip whether I'll need to get
on the console.

Anyway, I figured that getting 2 of 3 would give me a quorum, but the
machines still have the same problem.  Does this bug affect the whole
system if only one machine is running the old version, or do I have a
different problem?

Thanks for any tips!

        John

--