[OpenAFS] 1.3.6000 integrated logon?

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:57:39 -0500 (EST)

I'm testing the windows 1.3.6000 build--hoping it will solve several
outstanding problems I've seen with OpenAFS 1.2.11 on windows.

Can someone please confirm for me that obtaining tokens when logging into
Windows works on this build?

I have checked "Obtain AFS tokens when logging into Windows", and made sure
that "Fail Logins Silently" is "No", but I do not get tokens when
logging in.  Neither is there any error message to indicate that the client
is even attempting to contact a server, nor any record in the server logs.

I've confirmed that toggling the "Obtain AFS tokens..." checkbox does
indeed toggle
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\NetworkProvider\LogonOptions.

I'm attempting standard AFS authentication, against krb5/fakeka.  I can
obtain tokens manually on the client without problems and that shows up in
the server logs as expected.

Cheers,
Stephen