[OpenAFS] "Integrated Login Failed" under Windows 2000

Pamela Goetz antispamid2003@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 06:43:18 -0800 (PST)

Jeffrey, thanks for your fast reply. It definitely explains why the
Integraged Login fails since 'Administrator' is not a valid user name
in my AFS cell. :)

The problem is that based on your advice, I created an account (Power
Users group) in my Windows 2000 workstation with the same exact
username used to obtain tokens for AFS, but I get the same exact error
when I login:

AFS LOGON ERROR
"Integrated Login Failed: <some garbled text>"

I click OK and then the "AFS Client Wizard" is displayed and reads:
"The AFS Client service has not yet started".

I click 'Next', but instead of starting the client and prompting me for
username and password (for successful login as happens when I login as
Administrator), I receive the following error:

"The AFS Client service could not be started"

Why can't the AFS Client service be started? Everything seems to be
installed properly since it starts successfully when logged in as
Administrator. Must a user have administrative priveleges in order to
start the AFS Client?

If not, what do I need to configure to make this work? I know about the
AFS Client Configuration in Control Panel, but I couldn't find there
anything directly related to my problem and I am afraid to start
experimenting with the various options there beyond repair...

Your help is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Pam