[OpenAFS] 1.3.6000 delays - are they caused by DNS?

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:57:01 -0500

Jeffrey,

I can confirm the problems others are having.

1.  Running "afs_config.exe" then traversing from the "General" tab to the
"Drive Letters" tab takes about 10 seconds.

2.  Runing the "afscreds.exe" then choosing the "Drive Letters" tab also
causes a pause of about 10 seconds.

3.  Stopping the AFS service sometimes causes a crash, aka...send mail to
Microsoft, etc.

4.  Changing the UseDNS value has no effect.

Here's a copy of my "c:\winnt\temp\afsd_init.log"...

http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~rmdyer/OpenAFSforWindows-1-3-6000_afsd_init_log1.txt

Rodney