[OpenAFS] New OpenAFS Windows test build - please test

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:22:41 -0500 (EST)

> if you were experiencing problems with the 1.3.60 release, please
> test the 20040319 build located at
>
>   http://web.mit.edu/~jaltman/Public/OpenAFS/
>   /afs/athena.mit.edu/user/j/a/jaltman/Public/OpenAFS/

  Just installed it, and it looks better.  Before I was unable to see
anything in the afs root.  Now I am able to see stuff, yay! :)

  A few problems though...

On the Control Center, the Drive letter's tab seems to "have issues".
Anytime I click on it, it seems to go haywire, and really not be usable.
I can "net use" to get the \\afs\all mounted to a letter.

At first I could only see my cell(umbc.edu) when doing a dir in the
\\afs\all drive.  Then I could see one other that is kinda shared at our
site.  I did check the "use afsdb" while installing.  I checked, and
there are a bunch of cells in the listing under advanced.  And our
root.afs does contain more than just those two cells.

Looking better though. :)

Tim

Tim Craig            These are my opinions and not my employers. :)
OIT-Systems
tim@umbc.edu         It's hard to be serious when you're
                       naked. - Garfield