[OpenAFS] Salvage and .gconf lock and other problems with OpenAFS 1.2.10 and 1.2.11

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:07:52 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Dave McMurtrie wrote:

> > Yes. And I'm still looking for a simple test case on this one.
> > (And I don't think it's "unclean" so much as "fileserver restarts", but
> > I'm guessing)
>
> fwiw, I spent countless hours trying to write a reproducible test case for
> the gconf issue.  I used code that I ripped directly from gconf.  The plan
> was to be able to use cmdebug in conjunction with my program that could
> reproduce this problem.  Despite many hours of trying, I only managed to
> reproduce the problem once and didn't have debugging turned on in the
> cache manager.  I've since given up.
>
> I think Derrick hit the nail right on the head with, "run gconf on
> multiple machines and pray".

Well, I think maybe the key fact we just learned is a fileserver restart
is involved. Are you willing (do you have time) to try that test case if I
give you a fileserver you can knock over?