[OpenAFS] Kerberos troubles... (addl)

J. D. Nurmi jnurmi-openafs-info@qwe.cc
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:17:48 -0500

[[ Hah, I knew these were coming 2 secs after i sent it, but i didnt
want to flood the list :) ]]

here's the basic output:

Script started on Sat Mar 20 14:52:48 2004
jnurmi@michelangelo:~$ kdestroy
jnurmi@michelangelo:~$ klist
klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000)

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt1000
klist: You have no tickets cached
jnurmi@michelangelo:~$ kinit
Password for jnurmi@QWE.CC:
jnurmi@michelangelo:~$ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000
Default principal: jnurmi@QWE.CC

03/20/04 14:53:11  03/21/04 00:53:08  krbtgt/QWE.CC@QWE.CC

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt1000
klist: You have no tickets cached
jnurmi@michelangelo:~$ aklog
aklog: Couldn't get qwe.cc AFS tickets:
aklog: Server not found in Kerberos database while getting AFS tickets
jnurmi@michelangelo:~$ aklog -d
Authenticating to cell qwe.cc (server qwe.cc).
We've deduced that we need to authenticate to realm CC.
Getting tickets: afs/qwe.cc@CC
Kerberos error code returned by get_cred: -1765328377
aklog: Couldn't get qwe.cc AFS tickets:
aklog: Server not found in Kerberos database while getting AFS tickets

jnurmi@michelangelo:~$ aklog qwe.cc -k QWE.CC
aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell qwe.cc (status: a pioctl
failed).
jnurmi@michelangelo:~$

Script done on Sat Mar 20 14:54:43 2004

The last error was from the lack of module & client, this is just a
dbserver in reality, and running lin v. 2.6.4, but I _can_ completely
work w/ the system remotely, so long as I do the above, I got volumes on
it, etc.  But it just seems that this shouldnt require such a workaround
on the local.  (I'm more or less just getting prepped.  Some inspired
coder will fix/finish/whatever openafs in 2.6 :-D, so I played with it
for a while yesterday :-P). Yes I know at this point I'm trading one
error for another with no immediate solution, but hey, it's fun :-)

James