[OpenAFS] Issues with KfW and OpenAFS

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:09:56 -0600

> Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> If you are going to provide a custom installer, I suggest you also integrate the KFW NSIS
> scripts into the distribution. I do not have consensus yet as to whether or not, OpenAFS.ORG
> should do that with its installers.  Or simply require
> people to install the MIT KFW installer before the OpenAFS.ORG installation.

There is an important issue here. Will future versions of OpenAFS be dependent
on KfW?

Its fine that they can work together, but will KfW be required?

What about other implementations of Kerberos including the version provided in Windows?

I would hope that OpenAFS would not require a specific version of Kerberos.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
 Argonne National Laboratory