[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.3.63 on Windows XP

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 11 May 2004 10:13:25 -0500

Kevin Coffman wrote:

> > > What version of afs are your cell's DB servers (and fileservers)
> > > running ?
> >
> >       OpenAFS 1.2.7 - thinking about it they could stand an update.
>
> The support for K5 went into OpenAFS 1.2.8, so I think this is your
> problem.

Thats part of it. There is still the 344 byte ticket size limit, and
the use of des-cbc-crc vs des-cbc-md5 These have been added later to the CVS,
are are not in the OPenAFS 1.2. A Windows AD 2003 will use the des-cbc-md5
for the tickets, and 2000 and 2003 ADs will produce large tickets, even a
minimal user may have a ticket that is 1000 bytes of which 800 bytes are
the PAC.

The KfW, aklog or gssklog conversion utilies can handle the des-cbc-md5
and large tickets, so you may need to use for a while still.