[OpenAFS] NOCM Error on 20040508

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Wed, 12 May 2004 20:26:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 2004, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>
> > Have you actually turned on "Integrated Logon" support?
>
> Nope.  I'll try it soon.

Success!

I installed 1.3.6400.  It works for me so far.  I have done several
restart and logins with no problems to report.  My login script
succesfully gets AFS tokens using ms2mit and aklog after logging in using
the MIT KDC.  This has been my method for getting AFS tokens for several
months now.

I also tested the integrated logon support.  I have KfW 2.6.0.20040213
installed.  I stopped my kaserver.  I wasn't sure if integrated logon's
behavior had changed and wanted to be sure that I wasn't getting a token
from the kaserver.  Integrated logon worked well for me.  I am going to
start using this exclusively now.

My two observations to conclude this thread:
1 - Integrated logon works using KfW with an MIT KDC.  (didn't test the
kaserver)
2 - I haven't observed The NOCM error in my first few minutes of using
1.3.6400.

Jeff:  Did you put in a fix for the NOCM thing in the last couple days?

It would be nice to know if my problems were spurious and I should
watch out for them or that they were knowingly fixed.  If they are
knowingly fixed, then I am going to have my users upgrade from their very
old, but stable kaserver based configurations.  Actually, I will probably
upgrade them anyway, but I just want to know.

Later,
Jason C. Wells