[OpenAFS] Mapping read/write correctly on WinXP with OpenAFS 1.3.63 client

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 13 May 2004 10:13:00 -0400

John Koyle wrote:
>> Any thoughts on how I can get read-write access back?
>

> Turn freelance mode off in the system registry.
>
> HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\transarcafsdaemon\parameters
>
> Set freelanceclient=0

Hmm, seems to work after changing that key.  I think it's safe to say
that I never would have guessed to look there... Is there going to be
something in the preferences for turning this feature on and off, or
maybe have freelance mode fixed so that it drops down into "normal" mode
when accessing your home cell?  I would think that most people spend
most of their time accessing their home cell anyway, so it makes sense
to make sure they can get full access there easily.

-ED