[OpenAFS] Mapping read/write correctly on WinXP with OpenAFS 1.3.63 client

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 13 May 2004 10:32:57 -0400

Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> At 04:59 PM 5/12/2004, Edward Glowacki wrote:
>
>> Basically I'm trying to get read-write access to a volume that has a
>> read-only replication.  As I understand the procedure, accessing the
>> cell using a . before the name should make AFS choose the read-write
>> volumes whenever this type of situation occurs.  Thus, \afs\msu.edu\
>> would be read-only and \afs\.msu.edu\ would be read-write.
>

> Or, at least try the latest OpenAFS Windows Client 1.3.64.
>
> Rodney

I'm not against using devel versions of software, but in this case my
goal was to "get work done", which means I aim for "release" versions of
software instead of "unstable".  The OpenAFS website has 1.3.63 as the
most recent Release, so that's what I installed.

-ED