[OpenAFS] Problem setting up AFS server (isolated network) -

M Singh msingh@myrealbox.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 03:24:37 -0400

Hi

[root@sggs root]# cat /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB
 >HOMENETWORK.EDU   #Cell name
192.168.1.1    #sggs.homenetwork.edu

>If you have only a single database server listed, there should never be a
>quorum problem. The one server will always have quorum with itself. If you
>have more than one listed, you should be running them on all the hosts you
>listed, or of course you can't update.(*)
>
>-D
>(*) not actually "all" but it's not worth explaining now. one thing at a
>time.

Well, I have only one listed.

I had wiped my previous installation clean (rm -rf /usr/afs/*; rm -rf
/usr/vice/*; modprobe -r <...>; /etc/init.d/afs stop) and installed
again (just to make sure things were starting from a blank state).

Could there be something left over in the /var tree that the new afs
process is reading and mistakenly concluding that there is one "new"
cell and an "old" cell ?

Thanks,

MS