[OpenAFS] FW: afs_syscall - problem!

Steffen Hitschke shits@t-online.de
Tue, 25 May 2004 19:35:32 +0200

Hey,

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 09:59:49AM +0100, Luis Bivar Ramos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Debian Linux, with kernel 2.4.18.

Yesterday I installed AFS on a Debian Linux Machine too.

> I installed AFS following the instructions in the Quick Beginnings on
> openafs.org, and everything is fine. Except when I run "afsd" I get the
> famous message:
>
> afsd
> afsd: All AFS daemons started.
> afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

I did not get thsi message, but a segmentation fault. I have solved my problem,
by installing another kernel-image. AFS seems to have trouble with Debians boot-kernel-image-2.4.18-bf (or reverse, mmhh).
So if you did not upgrade your kernel, maybe you should try it....
Of course, after it, you have to recompile your AFS source (especially your
libafs modules)

greetings,
Steffen