[OpenAFS] Problems with latest openafs-client for windows (1.3.6400)

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Wed, 26 May 2004 11:11:35 -0700

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 09:22:43AM -0400, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> The Service created has a display name of "OpenAFS Client Service" but a
> real Service Name of "TransarcAFSDaemon".
> You must be administrator to install the OpenAFS for Windows package.
> If you do not have the appropriate
> rights to install a service it will fail.

can we still use the 'net' command interface to start and stop the afs
server? I used to be able to 'net start "IBM AFS Client"'. Can we
still do so, and if so, do the then use
'net start "TransarcAFSDaemon"'?