[OpenAFS] AFS + Qmail-LDAP

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 27 May 2004 20:37:06 -0700

Luis Bivar Ramos <lbramos@netcabo.pt> writes:

> When I create a user or a group named vmail, pts doesn't let me create
> the other (user or group, depending on which was created first) with the
> same name:

AFS groups have nothing to do with Unix groups.  Furthermore, GIDs and
UIDs in AFS have no required relationship with the mapping in the local
/etc/passwd file.

> I've created a volume for "home" directory, but everything inside are
> just simple directories. Is it possible to associate a user/group to a
> volume, that is, making vmail on the home volume?

You're trying too hard.  Just map whatever UID and GID owns the
directories in AFS to the user and group "vmail" in /etc/passwd and
/etc/group.

> When running qmail, this error occurs:

> "@4000000040b691ae30ed65f4 delivery 613: deferral:
> Unable_to_switch_to_/home/luis:_access_denied._(#4.3.0)/"

I'm betting this is a completely different problem.  Is qmail running with
AFS tokens?