[OpenAFS] Home volume replication

Eric Sturdivant sturdiva@umd.edu
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:04:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Derek Harkness wrote:

> Does anyone have a good method for automatically keep volume synced?  I've
> just started putting together a script to release the volumes but I've run
> into a problem.  I can't tell which volumes need to be release.  Vos examine
> or listvldb doesn't always tell me which volumes need to be released, and
> releasing them all takes WAY to much bandwidth and WAY to much time.  Since I
> will be running this script every 2 to 5 mins.
>
> Thanks,
> Derek
>
> Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

We have used a script to do this for years. It uses vos exam to check
the creation times of the read/write and readonly volumes, and will
release the volume if needed. You can get a copy of it at:

/afs/glue.umd.edu/system/1.5/common/scripts/release_if_necessary

--
Eric Sturdivant
University of Maryland