[OpenAFS] AuthServer problem with SuSE 9.2

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:14:39 +0100

On Nov 3, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Marco Spatz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up my primary afs server using SuSE 9.2. Everything
> went fine (creating the server processes, setting up security,
> creating root volume). I have restarted my system to get into
> auth-mode, but everytime I try to get a token by klog admin and
> entering the correct password I get the following error message
> "Unable to authenticate to AFS because AuthServer returned incorrect
> response.". I have found this topic in the mailing list before, but
> haven't found a solution for this.
> This are the version numbers of the rpm packages SuSE ships with 9.2:
> km_afs         (kernel-module)       1.3.70
> openafs                                          1.2.11
> openafs-server                               1.2.11
>
> I think it's strange that the kernel module is more up-to-date than
> the openafs packages. Is this a possible reason?
> Hope someone can help.

Actually, I don't know about the packaging system of SuSE but there was
a change in the ticket size so if you're running some sort of odd
combination (old kaserver new client or the other way around, I don't
remember exactly) you will get that error.

That package configuration isn't looking pretty healthy to me, but
that's just me.

Horst