[OpenAFS] largefile support question - resolved

Tony D'Amato tdamato@odu.edu
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:06:52 -0500

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 22:45 +0100, Horst Birthelmer wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2004, at 7:14 PM, Tony D'Amato wrote:
> > So far, we've been running with this configuration for about just under
> > a month, and all is running well.
> >
> > I hope this information helps others who may be contemplating large
> > file
> > support under OpenAFS. Thanks!!
> >

> Be aware that the large file support is AFAIK only on Linux and AIX ...
> (I don't actually know about Windows)

Thanks for the info Horst! I did not know that... good thing that our
servers are running GNU/Linux *grin*... most of our clients are running
Solaris 8, and that is where I did my testing... running on a SunFire
2900, it took about one hour to build the 10 GIG tarball, another hour
to copy it from the local scratch space into AFS, and another hour to do
the 'tar tvf' to test it out... whew.
---
Tony.