[OpenAFS] Linux modules

Justin M Wozniak jwozniak@cse.nd.edu
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:37:12 -0500 (EST)

Hello
	I'm using a RedHat machine that AFS works on with the default
kernel, and I am trying to get AFS working with a 2.4.* custom kernel.
Are pre-compiled kernel modules available for custom kernels?  I
considered using 2.4.21, and simply symlinked to the modules, (2.4.21 ->
2.4.21-EL...) but cannot figure out how to update the SymTable.
	When I tried compiling openafs-1.2.11 to make my own modules, I
got compiler errors starting with:

../linux/spinlock.h:157: syntax error before "spinlock_t"

Then several other linux headers cause problems and compilation does not
complete.

	Any ideas on how to get this system running, either with a
pre-compiled module or a compile trick?

	Thanks

--
Justin Michael Joseph Wozniak