[OpenAFS] Problem after weekly bos restart on servers

Murray Anderegg anderegg@cs.unc.edu
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:04:43 -0500

Kevin Coffman wrote:

>>Some of our AFS servers, which are running openafs-1.2.11 on Solaris 7
>>and RedHat Enterprise Linux 3, have had a problem after their weekly
>>restart where the following error is appearing at regular (approximately
>>3 min 26 seconds) intervals:
>>
>>Fri Nov  5 13:13:07 2004: fs:vol exited with code 1
>>Fri Nov  5 13:16:33 2004: fs:vol exited with code 1
>>
>>Does anyone know what causes this error to appear?
>>

>Hopefully, your VolserLog (or VolserLog.old) holds a clue?

VolserLog has nothing past 02:42 Fri Nov  5 in it.
I've tried adding -log into BosConfig to see if I can get any logging
info from that.
Nothing so far.

One additional note, I'm seeing the following message on a full restart
of AFS after shutting down AFS and then killing the bosserver:

FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused

I'm also seeing the following which looks worse:

FSYNC_clientInit failed (giving up!): Connection refused

Would this relate to the volserver having exit problems?

--Murray