[OpenAFS] File server, bos salvage hang

Miles Davis miles@cs.stanford.edu
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:39:57 -0800

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:37:20AM -0500, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> >>triggers it, or how to prevent it? Or is it just random luck that few
> >>have seen it sofar?
> >
> >I'm mystified here; it just all of a sudden started happening to us
> >without any changes that I'm aware of.  But that one-liner completely
> >fixed it.
>
> Somewhere a newer client was deployed that routinely tried to read
> something and got an error.

Crap -- so the two 1.3.73 clients I've got screwed me? Well, at least that
explains why it suddenly started happening a couple of days ago...

So, do I want to patch 1.2.11, rip out the 1.3.73 clients, or go all out
nuts and try out 1.3.73 on the server?

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities